The National Levee Database (NLD), developed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), is the focal point for comprehensive information about our nation's levees. Authorized by Congress in 2007, the database contains information to facilitate and link activities, such as flood risk communication, levee system evaluation for the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), levee system inspections, flood plain management, and risk assessments. The NLD continues to be a dynamic database with ongoing efforts to add levee data from federal agencies, states, and tribes.
Here is what is available in the NLD:
- Majority of levees located within the USACE Levee Program
- Reports on levees in the NLD located within your state, zip code, or address
- Various federal database resources integrated into NLD such as the National Weather Service
- Feedback link for you to provide comments on the NLD
- Contact Us tab if you need assistance or have questions
Please Note: The NLD currently contains the majority of levees within the USACE program. The NLD does not contain all levees located in the United States.